Monday, November 3, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies

These cookies are so moist and delicious if I do say so myself!! I needed something easy for dessert for an Activity Days dinner a couple weeks ago and this is the result. The girls loved them. My family loves them too. I bake them and they are gone within a day. Anyway, hope you get a chance to try them.

1 Spice cake mix
1 small can of pumpkin pie filling (I actually opened a 30 oz can and just used a little bit and saved the rest of the pumpkin for the next batch. Use as much or as little as you want)
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
1 bag of chocolate chips.
Basically, stir all the ingredients together and spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. I just watched them so they didn't look raw but they weren't burned either. You might want to time the first batch to see how long it takes for the rest of the batches.
I'm sorry this is so vague but I literally threw these cookies together and they came out fine (lucky for me). But it was so easy I couldn't believe it. And they smell so good!

3 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

you add way more things to yours than mine. We do the can of pumpkin, spice cake mix 1 egg and chocolate chips. Are's always turn out awesome. Easy is great.

Someone else said...

This recipe is my new favorite. I look for reasons to make it. I used oil instead of shortning but they still turned out good. Thanks for the recipe.

karijean said...

I made them with a milk chocolate cake mix, white chocolate chips shortning and eggs and I can't stop eating them! It tried a devil's food mix with oil and it didn't turn out as well.