Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hoagie Pizzas


I had some hoagie buns that I needed to use up before they went stale so this is what I came up with. Kalli wasn't enthusiastic about it at first but I said, "Okay, Taco Soup or Hoagie Pizza" Pizza won (sorry Emma-my kids just don't think Taco Soup sounds good) Anyway, here is the recipe that I made up.
Hoagie Buns split in half
Hunt's spaghetti sauce
pepperoni
mozzerella cheese
Split the Hoagie's in half. Spread on spaghetti sauce. Add your favorite toppings-we put on pepperoni and a little ham. Spread Cheese all over. Put in oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes at 400F. I'm guessing on the time so you better just watch until the buns get crispy and before the cheese turns brown. They are delicious! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Someone else said...

That looks sooooo yummy. Pizza is my favorite food so any new way I can get pizza in is a treat. I also use the same ingredients on tortillas for tortilla pizzas. The only difference is that you only cook them for about 3 min. at 400deg. If the tortillas get too brown the girls won't eat them. Makes a really fun lunch for the kids that they gobble up. Thanks again for your recipes.

Emma and LeGrand Hunsaker said...

Hey You don't have to apologize to me. I thought Taco Soup sounded super gross until I actually tried it. Now I think it's pretty good! So, too bad, you're kids are missing out.

Emma and LeGrand Hunsaker said...

KARI!! When are you gonna stop feeding your starving kids for two seconds and post more recipes!?!? ;) I need new ideas.