Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fire Engine Cookies




Okay...so I couldn't get the frosting color right. It was still fun! It was supposed to be red frosting but I could only get it pink and then purple. But here is the recipe. I got it from a Taste of Home magazine so I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this!
16 whole graham crackers
1 cup vanilla frosting (I just made some cream cheese frosting)
Red paste or liquid food coloring
32 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies (Oreos)
Black shoestring licorice
16 red gum drops
With a serrated knife, cut the top left or right hand corner off of each graham cracker at a 45 degree angle. Tint frosting red; frost crackers. Place two snadwich cookies on each for wheels. For each truck, cute licorice into two 2 1/2 inch pieces. Place the large pieces parallel to each other above wheels with the small pieces between to form a ladder. Place the medium pieces at cut edge, forming a windshield. Add a gum drop for a light. Makes 16 cookies.
They were a lot of fun to make and my kids have been enjoying them!

No comments: