Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cheezy Ham Rotini Bake



I just made this up although I'm sure someone somewhere has made this before. It tasted pretty good though so here is the recipe.
1 package of Rotini noodles
White sauce: 4 T butter
1/4 cup of Bisquick (pancake mix will probably do or even flour)
2 cups of milk
chopped up bits of ham
broccoli (or other vegetable)
cheddar cheese
Cook up the noodles separately--you can do macaroni, egg noodles, I used rotini they were fun.
In another saucepan, melt butter and add Bisquick. Stir together then add milk and stir constantly till bubbly, boiling and thickened. (I also put in a chicken boullion cube for flavor). Then in a 9 x 13 pan combine cooked noodles, ham, broccoli and white sauce. Stir well. Grate cheese over the dish. Above I have a picture before I cooked it and after. Cook in oven about 15-20 minutes till warmed through at 350F. Serve with Fresh Rolls and you have a lovely meal to enjoy!

1 comment:

Emma and LeGrand Hunsaker said...

Looks Creative and easy! and tasty! I'm so glad you graduated Lentil Soup from the Top of the list. I'm still with Kalli on that one. EWW!! ;D