Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Pie

This recipe comes from a great domestic engineer--my sister Emma. It has become one of my favorites!
8 flour tortillas
1 lb cooked chicken (cut as desired)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1-2 cups sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
1 can corn

Combine creams and corn. Layer starting with cream mixture, then tortilla, chicken, cheese. End with tortilla then cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Make sure you spray your pans so it doesn't stick.

3 comments:

Emma and LeGrand Hunsaker said...

You almost got it Kari. you need to make the pie with all the creams, corn, and chicken combined! That is your sauce. Then you spray your pan first because you start with the tortilla on the bottom - then sauce, cheese, tortilla, etc. Other than that, it all looks right.

Someone else said...

I can't wait to try this one. It sounds fabulous.

Someone else said...

I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit. Dakota didn't want to try it and said it looked wierd. After she tried it she loved it and had two servings. She told me that she didn't mean the dinner looked weird she was talking about "something else". She really did want to eat it and knew it would be really good all along. lol I did add 1/2 cup of mild salsa to the sauce just for extra flavor and it was really good. I have been given permission by my family to add this dish to our dinner list. Thank you so much for your recipes. I have hope now for good dinners now and I look forward to your recipes. Keep up the good work.