Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stir Fry

My mom taught me how to make this when I was a teenager. My kids will eat this one-it's not their favorite because of the vegetables but at least they will eat it!

2 T oil (I use EVOO-extra virgin olive oil) but you can use vegetable oil
carrots
celery
broccoli
1 lb raw chicken, beef or pork (you can buy this at Macey's all chopped up)
2 T cornstarch
2 boullion cubes beef or chicken depending on what kind you are making
you can also use 2 tsp of chicken base or beef base
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups water

cooked rice

Heat up the oil in your pan. Chop up your vegetables before hand and then add them after your oil has heated. I usually add the carrots, stir them around for a couple of minutes, then celery (a couple of minutes), then broccoli (a couple of minutes), then meat until done. After the chicken is white or beef is brown, I sprinkle the cornstarch over it and add the boullion cubes and water. I stir that around then put the lid on and let it come to a boil. Then I turn down the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Serve over rice. I like eating this because it tastes good and it makes me feel like I'm eating healthy. (-:

No comments: