Friday, January 21, 2011

BBQ Pork Sandwiches


My camera is really having issues. It is 3 1/2 years old and I am really yearning for a new one so anyway...I couldn't get a picture of the BBQ pork sandwich but the bun looks just like this one on my sloppy joes. I did get a picture of the pulled pork in the crockpot though not the best pic, it gives you the idea.

BBQ sauce recipe:

1 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup celery (I didn't have celery for the recipe tonight)
3 T Butter
6 T sugar
3 T Worcestershire sauce
3/4 c lemon juice
3 c ketchup
3 t dry mustard
2 t liquid smoke
salt and pepper to taste

so tonight I admit I didn't measure out the ingredients...I just added what looked good of the above ingredients plus I put in some store bought BBQ sauce and added it to storebought pulled pork from Costco and put it in the slow cooker and let it cook all afternoon. Then I put in the bun and voila! BBQ pulled pork Sandwiches! So delicious!!!!

No comments: