Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chicken and Potatoes




This recipe comes from a cookbook called "Cooking with Food Storage" by Debbie G. Harman that I adapted for my family. It is fast and easy, one of the reasons I love it!

1 can chicken chunks (I use Costco's) You can put in more if you wish
3 cups dried potato slices (I got a can at Macey's, you can also get it in the bulk section at WinCo)
1 can green beans
1/2 cup sour cream powder (I think I also got this can at Maceys in the Emergency Preparedness section.)
3 cups water
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation: Combine chicken, potatoes, and green beans in Crock-Pot. Add 2 cups water. Mix sour cream powder with remaining water until smooth. Pour over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. cook on high 1-2 hours or until potatoes are tender.

(You can also cook this recipe in the over 350F for one hour. Just combine all the ingredients in a casserole dish.) Enjoy!

No comments: