Monday, January 10, 2011

Chicken Rolls (Chicken Packets)






Chicken Packets or sometimes called Chicken Empanadas are one of my family's favorite meals. Here's the recipe:

2 packages crescent rolls (tonight I used Pillsbury, yum!)
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can Costco chicken
1 small can olives (optional)
1 small can mushrooms (optional)
4 T melted butter
breadcrumbs
1 can cream of chicken soup

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together in a bowl the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, olives, and mushrooms. Unroll crescents. Put a spoonful of mixture and roll up. Dip in butter and roll in breadcrumbs. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown. Heat cream of chicken soup with a little milk to make a gravy. Serve over the top of the empanadas.

Yum! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Emma and LeGrand Hunsaker said...

These are my most favorite. I call them Chicken Pillows. I love the cream cheese filling!!! sooo good. I can't really make these a lot because they are too fattening and LeGrand and I are on a diet. :( So I can only make them occasionally now. SOOOOO YUMMMMY!!!!! SOOOO SOOO SOOOOOO YUUMMY!