Monday, January 3, 2011

Mom's Famous Pizza



My mom makes such good homemade pizza, I finally asked her for her recipe. She makes it every Halloween and New Year's Eve for our family parties that we have. I tried it tonight and although it didn't taste as good as mom's, it did turn out pretty good. The whole pizza was devoured by my husband and five kids. Here's the recipe:

1 cup water
1 tbsp yeast (mom likes SAF yeast)
1 tsp salt
2-3 cups flour
1 T vegetable oil (I used EVOO)


I started out by adding the yeast to the water in the measure cup.
In another bowl I put the salt and 1 cup of flour and then added the yeast mixture. I stirred it up and then started adding flour and then kneaded it with my hands till it wasn't too sticky but not over floured. I put the EVOO right in the pan and spread it around the pan. You put the dough right on it and the oil soaks in as it cooks. I used my rolling pin to roll the dough out but I think my mom just pulls it by hand till it is spread out. Then I put spaghetti sauce on the dough and added ham and mozzerella cheese. You can add whatever toppings you want and enjoy!!

No comments: