Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gingerbread Pancakes


I have really enjoyed the last few days cooking and taking pictures and blogging about it. I haven't really done a lot with my food blog for the past two years but it is one of my goals this year to do more cooking and blogging! Yesterday, my recipe that I was making for yesterday's entry didn't work out too well. I was trying to make Gingerbread pancakes from a mix that my neighbor brought me and the pancakes were just not working out. They were sticking to the skillet and raw on the top and sticking to the bottom and I was just getting frustrated! So I poured the whole mixture in a pan and made it into a cake! It didn't turn out too bad. I am still trying to get the recipe for the mix so I don't have the recipe but I do have a picture of my "pan cake"!

Update 1/11/11: Here is the recipe:
1 C. cake flour

1 C. all purpose flour

7 T. buttermilk powder

4 T. sugar

2 t. ground ginger

1 t. baking soda

1/2 t. cinnamon

1/4 t. salt

1/8 t. ground cloves

1 C. white chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients. Transfer to a decorative jar.

Then here is what you do with these ingredients:
Attach a recipe card with these directions to the Gingerbread Pancake Mix:

Place mix in a large bowl. Add:

1 3/4 C. water

6 T. melted butter

1/4 C. molasses

2 eggs

Blend until just combined. Pour batter 1/4 C. at a time, in a hot skillet, to make the pancakes. Cook pancakes, turning once, about 2 minutes.

Yield: 20 pancakes

No comments: