Monday, January 31, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls


The dough used for this is in my previous post, Kathy's blue ribbon bread. Using one loaf of the bread dough, roll into a rectangle. spread with melted butter (I used 1/2 cup) then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture (I used 1/2 cup sugar and less than 1/4 cup cinnamon...I didn't measure the cinnamon) You can put in chopped nuts but I didn't in this batch. roll up and cut about every 1 1/4 inches. Place on cookie sheet and let rise. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. let cool a bit then spread with icing.

Powdered Sugar Icing:
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 T milk or orange juice

In a mixing bowl combine sugar, vanilla and milk or juice. Stir in additional milk or juice, 1 tsp at a time till it reaches drizzling consistency. Makes 1/2 cup

No comments: