Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shredded Roast Beef




It has taken me 17 1/2 long years of marriage to learn how to cook a pot roast! On Christmas Eve, I looked up on the Internet how to cook a roast and it turned out fabulous! So today, I thought I would try it again and see if I could get the same result and it worked. I am so excited! So this is what I did: I took a skillet and heated EVOO in it and then put the roast in the skillet. I browned all the sides and then put it in my 9 x 13 pan. I cut up a whole onion and used my garlic press on two cloves of garlic and put it on the roast. Then I added some water and beef bullion cubes and covered my pan with aluminum foil. I baked it in the oven at 300F for 4 hours and every once in awhile, I would take the roast out and baste it so it would stay moist.

I know it sounds like a weird dinner but I have a picture of what I had for dinner tonight; I shredded up the roast beef and made a sandwich which was soooo good. And we had Rice-A-Roni and carrots. The carrots are a favorite of my kids.

I cut the carrots up and boil them on the stovetop for a few minutes till they are tender. Then I drain the water and add butter and brown sugar. Yum! So that is what we ate for dinner tonight. I plan on using the leftover roast beef for more recipes and hopefully I can blog about them soon.

No comments: